The language planning criteria are based on language planning themes. Committees should consider the various themes as part of the language planning process and should include them throughout the process.
Language plans include various fields in the community, including:
- the education system, including early childcare services;
- childcare, preschool and family support services, including language support services;
- services for young people and other age groups;
- learning opportunities outside of the education system;
- the business sector;
- community organisations and cooperative;
- the media;
- public services;
- physical planning and development;
- social and recreational services;
- the use of Irish among the community, the community’s attitude toi t and how much the community supports the language plan in general.